Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trenching Complete

By the looks of it the trenching is now complete. They seem to be placing lovely bright orange plastic everywhere, and are beginning to lay out the steel reinforcement rods.

I placed the money under where the entrance will be. As it is now covered with plastic, I had to actually jump into one of the trenches to put it underneath. Won't tell the builder about that one or they would jump up and down about safety. It was fun trying to get out. I needed to push off the side of the trench as they are about my shoulder height deep.

Fingers crossed the superstition about welcoming wealth and prosperity into your home is true.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do they call that type of slab do you know? It's so differnt to mine.

TamDaz said...

Aqua - just looked up in our Footings Construction Report - It is a Reft Footing System. There are so many different types I noticed, I guess they are all for different purposes. Our site is classified P and the soil alone is E-D. Hope this explains a bit.