Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HAPPY SLAB DAY

After massive downpours of rain overnight, the last thing I was expecting to see today was the concrete mixer blocking our road and concrete going into the trenches. But that is exactly what I saw!
7am

I spoke to the contractors, querying the weather, asking if they will stop during the day given the forecasted showers and thunder, but no, they will just add accelerator to the mix. They said to go back about midday for the printing of the paw prints in the garage.

I'm that excited I'm sure I'll be back for more pics before that and then again later in the day.

I was lucky to have pre-warned work that I may be off today and thank their understanding of the importance of this day to me - given it is not officially a sick day.

Will update with more pics later. YAY! YAY! YAY!

1O:45am

We thought blocking the street to all traffic was pretty cool too!


12:45pm Preparing to Paw-Print




1:15pm Paw Prints

(Not quite as good as planned, due to: M and M squirming, flapping plastic that kept going over the slab, and being on my own, but we happy with it just the same. D thinks blobs makes it even cuter anyhow)



1:15pm Slab Progress from back view
(Paw prints on garage slab on right hand side of this picture, near orange plastic)


1:15pm Slab Progress from front view



Post paw-print paw clean



Will go back to block at 5:30 this evening to see it completed.

What a great day!!!!

5:45 All done and dusted (so to speak)





No comments: