Thursday, October 8, 2009

Plumbing laid out


The plumbing has been laid out today. I spoke to one of the contractors who said they will finish that today and then will move on to the steel tomorrow. Apparently it is a big job and they are not looking forward to it. 


He also mentioned the slab may be poured on Monday and was more than happy for me to bring the dogs to paw print. Only catch is, I have to be there about 9am. They will begin pouring about 7am, ready for imprinting at about 9am and then it should set reasonably well by about 2pm. The difficulty is I'll be back at work. After work the concrete will be too hard. I could have a day off - 'it's not like you get a slab laid everyday', but the difficulty is having confirmation it will definitely be poured Monday. The weather forecast is for rain. It's also the first day back at school for Term 4. Oh, what to do.

P.S. After looking at our Footings Construction report for a query from Aqua about our Footings Type, I realised I've placed the money under the front porch, rather than the actual front door (1 trench back). Hope wealth and prosperity are still welcomed into our home hehe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's adorable! Where abouts will you put their paw prints? I might have to borrow your idea for my slab. :)

TamDaz said...

We plan on putting the paw prints on the garage floor near the rear roller door. We figured this will be one place that won't get covered by tiles, carpets etc. By all means use the idea, I got it from someone else on the forum who were imprinting their kids hands. Max and Molly are our furkids hehe...