Saturday, September 12, 2009

Site Scrape and Portaloo

There is no further progress with the fence removal, but here are photos of progress over the past week.
Site scrape 4-9-09
Steel reinforcement for the slab delivered 8-9-09
The excitement of the porta-loo delivered 10-9-09
Although many may not understand the excitement of this seemingly insignificant event, there is a saying 'from small things big things grow'. This is a small step. Plus, I know our fellow homeone forumites get it.

We were told in an email on Wednesday that our slab would be down by the end of the week. This has not happened, but that is probably because we are awaiting permission to remove the fence. (Although we are unable to understand how and why this would hold progress up and there is a retaining wall underneath the fence anyhow).
Maybe this week, we may have our first sighting of concrete :-)

4 comments:

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

site scrape - portaloo - that's it, you're off! And isn't that a nice looking loo, mine is terrible!!!

BTW, when you type a post, use a larger font, I can hardly read it...

I'll watching your progress closely now!

TamDaz said...

Thanks Annie for the advice. Will keep larger font from now on. You just don't know until someone comments. Thanks.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for others porta-loo's too. Never knew there could be good looking ones and not so good looking ones. Well given it has to be in almost every photo from now on, I'll be thankful that is is a good looking one hehe...

Unknown said...

My portaloo is in every progress shot of the full house so far, asthetics is paramount I say!

bogman said...

It seems everyone loves portable toilets. I've got 14,000 of em, they give me nightmares! :)